Speed Couriers are the Premier provider of courier services in Manchester, established for over 38 years and are recognised as the Same Day Courier Company of choice in the area. Providing cost-effective, flexible, and reliable logistics solutions for Same Day, Medical, Overnight and International needs.
With a clear strategy of growth combined with continued investment in our people, services and drivers, it is our vision to further enhance our customers experience and keep Speed Couriers the “Best Place to Work”.
To ensure all our goals are met we are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Courier Controller seeking a challenging opportunity in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities for this Key role include: –
- Controlling a circuit of 30 vehicles.
- Excellent geographical knowledge of the UK
- Ensure all jobs are collected and delivered within agreed timescales.
- Maintain fleet size at levels client service levels are always met. Plan and flex for peak periods.
- Allocate work to Couriers in a fair and transparent manner.
- Proactively monitor work in progress through to POD and completion. Ensure clients are updated with any delays or possible issues.
- Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLA) in accordance with the targets set by the company and any customer specific SLA.
- Ensure all couriers on circuit have current documentation and are compliant with company and legal requirements.
- Deal with all operational queries effectively and in a timely manner.
- Provide necessary training to all couriers.
Ensure the customer experience exceeds expectations.
- Deal with all customer and driver queries quickly and effectively.
- Answer incoming calls and input customer bookings on to booking and control platform.
- Office based role from Monday to Friday with weekend availability.
Essential Skills for this Key role:
- Experienced Controller looking to make their next career step to a fast growing Courier Logistics company.
- Must be currently working in the Courier industry, Taxi Industry or busy Transport office.
- Pleasant and friendly communicator showing respect to all.
- IT Proficient.
What we can give you: –
- Salary £29,000k OTE £32,000
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Company pension
- Working for an Established respected company
- Be part of a Fast Growing Business
- Career progression
If you have the experience and are looking to progress to the next stage in your career please apply below.
Closing date for this role is 16th February 2024.
Expected start date: March 2024
No Agencies needed for this role.